The easy mocha & NUKE workflow
Simplifies the workflow between mocha and NUKE. Easy import of trackingdata into Tracker, Transform, RotoPaint, GridWarp and more.
- easy import of mocha tracking data into various NUKE node types (Tracker, Roto, RotoPaint, GridWarp, SplineWarp, Transform)
- new CornerPin node with build-in support for mocha lens data
- the popular stabilized precomp workflow from MochaImport+ for After Effects is also available in MochaImport+ for NUKE
- one click support for mocha camera solver
- more than position/scale/rotation: MochaImport+ also brings shear and perspective data from mocha tracks into NUKE
- NUKE scripts still work on machines where MochaImport+ is not installed. The tool is only required if you want to load or replace the tracking data.
MochaImport+ for NUKE requires mocha Pro (any version that is able to export NUKE corner pin data) and NUKE 7 or NUKE 8.
Some may say, “Well, I can do that in Nuke already with tools already available, why buy another tool?” The answer is: to make it a simpler workflow. Yes, you can act all smart and build node trees to do much of this. But outside of feeling smart, where does that put you? It puts you behind the compositor who used the Mochaimport+ tool to streamline the process. Instead of spending time building a node tree, that artist is already doing the art.
At $123, I’d say the investment is worth exponentially more than the time investment in building the Nuke nodes every time you need them. Animation Magazine in their November 2014 Tech Reviews
MochaImport+ for NUKE is a great collaboration tool; making it super easy to have a seamless workflow between Mocha and Nuke. Whether you are bringing into Nuke your planar tracking, stabilized, shape data, or lens distortion maps and adjusting with MochaImport+ for NUKE, can be summarized in 3 words: easy, artist friendly, and pretty rad!Mariana Acuña, Creative Specialist at The Foundry
With MochaImport+, speed and simplicity are grand, no more need to spend time translating tracking info into different nodes. A change in the tracking in mocha Pro, it only takes seconds to update in NUKE. All the time spend getting the best track in mocha Pro is translated EXACTLY to NUKE with MochaImport+.Christopher Riemann, VFX Compositor at Box
We're always looking to improve our workflow. MochaImport+ for NUKE will save you time. Andy Needham, freelance motion designer, editor and compositor